thredUP is a place for busy parents to exchange the clothes that are too small for the little ones for clothes in the right sizes! Here's how it works:
- Join their website with a small community of friends
- PICK: You'll then be able to search through the listed boxes of clothing for exactly what you need. You're able to search by size, season, gender and/or brand.
- PAY: to receive your box, you'll pay a flat fee of $13 and it will be sent directly to you home.
- PREPARE: Request a FREE box from the United States Postal Service to prepare a box of your child's clothes that you'd like to add to the exchange. Your carrier will bring it to your home. Then, just pack it and post it on the site for someone to pick!
- SEND: When someone picks your box, you send it to them. They pay shipping (that's where the $13 come in). You can schedule a pick up from the post office again if you'd like.
Right now, the site is accessible by invitation only, so they have created an invitation link for our community! You can log on, look around, and see if this is something your family could benefit from. The invitation is open from now until July 1, 2010, so spread the word to any parents you think might be interested. ENJOY!